Wednesday, March 31, 2010

All for the sake of a carrot

10pm . The house is quiet. She sleeps so I'm trying to type quietly. My left hand is struggling to keep up. I almost lost my ring finger tonight in a fight between my knife and some carrots. My finger tried to save the carrots from being sliced. Last week my left thumb tried to save an onion. I think my left hand is trying to tell me it is opposed to the unnecessary and seemingly random chopping of vegetables. My right hand found a solution. A bigger knife. I'm now having to deal with a sulky left hand that is hobbling over the keyboard hitting q's instead of t's out of rebelliousness. My right hand is quick to hit the backspace key and save the day. It's a keyboard war the likes of which I've never seen before. I'm a little frightened.

I think I must bid you all a good night and hope tomorrow Left will join with Right and a shaky balance will be restored. I might stay away from knives and vegetables for a while though.

1 comment: