Monday, March 08, 2010

I love Monday Monday!

As promised.
So I hereby declare Monday the 8th March 2010 to be the first of many I love Monday Mondays. I really do feel that Monday is the victim in her reputation and not the cause of it. So in order to help boost the self esteem of Monday I propose that we post to the world why Monday is so fabulous.
Monday is considered the first day of the week according to the international ISO 8601. The day most of us have to go back to work after a 2 day weekend. This is the unfortunate fate of Monday. Though in the Middle East Saturday is the first day of the work week and in Israel Sunday.
Songs by the Carpenters ("Rainy Days and Mondays"), Boomtown Rats ("I don't like Mondays") and The Bangles ("Manic Mondays") have all added to the anti- Monday sentiment.
As much as I love dear ol' Garfield - he really did hate Mondays.



Thanks to Garfield.com for the comic strip above.

For some reason I feel like a cup of coffee and maybe I should make some lasagna for dinner. I digress.
I love Mondays because it is the start of a new week which means a clean slate. Last week is in the past. Monday brings me one day closer to Friday - my favourite day.
So tell me what you love about Monday? Remember we are trying to boost the self esteem of Monday so if you have nothing nice to say it is best to say nothing at all.

Happy Monday Monday Lovers!

4 comments:

  1. I, much like you, am a lover of Monday. I think Monday is hot. If Monday were a man, his name would be Jonathan Breeze. If Monday could wear a speedo and get away with it. He would be Ryk Neethling. If Monday were a vampire, his name would be Taylor Lautner. You know where I’m going with this. I personally think Monday has taken enough crap from everyone. Long live Mondays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah let's give Monday a break! Who's gonna tell Paige?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wozzel - Mondays rock!
    Angela - I'm a little scared of Paige, I vote Wozzel should tell her ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i'm keen. Yeah, I'll be careful though in my approach ;)

    ReplyDelete