Thursday, January 07, 2010

Perfect timing and getting rich quick

It would seem that we chose the perfect time to get out of Edinburgh. Gathering from the weather reports on BBC news and Facebook the whole of the UK is frozen. Here I sit in our dining room with a big glass of icy water next to me and the aircon on full. I must admit it is a little overcast but no rain and still 24 degrees.

Today I've been on a mission to find ways to bring in money. Besides working on my CV and hunting on the job sites - I've done a little Googling. Typing in 'Making money online' produces all sorts of ways to supposedly do just that. Some I'm sure are legit and not scams but some sound too good to be true - which means the aren't. You can spend your days completing surveys, type, learn all about Internet marketing or dabble on the stock market. One guy is even giving away free information on how to earn up to $1200 a day just give him your e-mail address and if it works you can come back and give him a donation. Turns out this is something to do with online gambling and this guy really made his money from using AdWords. Maybe it works but I'm not much of a gambler.
Only one that seems simple and for real - though it is never going to make me a rich - is AdSense. I get paid whenever someone clicks on an advert on one of my blogs. I'll be a millionaire before I die at that rate with my 1 blog and 9 followers.

Oh well as my Grandmother would say 'Save the pennies dear and the pounds will save themselves.'

3 comments:

  1. Check out one of the blogs on my blog...its called Drovers Run. Ness has doen lots of investigating about making money from blogs...if i rememeber correctly she wrote quiet a detailed post on it...will see if I can find it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hayley - will take a look. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi, just to answer your question: No, i dont think you have to be flexible to start yoga - I think yoga will make you more flexible. Maybe start with a beginners yoga class or DVD and see how you feel.

    Im not super flexible, but im sure if i keep at power yoga I will get way more flexible.

    ReplyDelete