Saturday, June 06, 2009

In the land of Robin Hood honesty prevails

Finally a little time to blog and because I'm away. I've just been so busy lately. I'm in Whitby in Yorkshire with my Mom, Dad, Sister and her husband. I'm looking out at the rain, sipping on a G&T, my Mom and sister are playing Solitaire (I know it's meant to be a one player game but rules can be broken), Dad and Sister's Husband are talking economics, politics and chances of winning the lottery.

So here's a story that gave me a little faith in humanity. My Dad arrived this morning at Heathrow Airport, hopped on a tube to Kings Cross, then had to catch a train to meet us in Doncaster. He arrived safe and sound we met him with Starbucks and drove to Sister's In-laws for lunch. We alight happily from the motor vehicle and Mom says to Dad 'Didn't you bring your laptop?' I've never seen my Dad's face so white. A panicked search ensued but it was fruitless. Laptop sat alone on a train to Newcastle. Inside the laptop bag were all manner of valuables - Ipod Touch, return tickets to Italy, train tickets to London, passport and the list goes on.
A few phonecalls, a few unhelpful folk and then some very helpful ones and we were told they would try contact train but to call back in an hour and half. A very long wait with a lot of prayers being sent upstairs and good news was received. They had the laptop bag in Newcastle. Some honest soul found it and handed it in. Guardian Angels were smiling down on Dad.

So now we are settling down for dinner - Mom's lasagna! The best in the world! Yummy!
All is well in our world.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that all turneed out ok! There are some good people out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello. And Bye.

    ReplyDelete