Saturday, January 13, 2007


Saturday and only 4 weeks before we leave Australia and head out into the reality of the world. Been an eventful week. Lay under the stars on Tuesday and discovered where to really find the Southern Cross. The Planetarium is an awe inspiring place. I left feeling very small in comparison to the grand Universe above and around little old earth.
Yesterday we caught a Ferry out to a place called Stradbroke Island. Wandered around a place called Point Look out. So beautiful! There is something about the sea. It has a calming, hypnotising effect on me. I could watch it for hours. Another example of a mass that makes one feel like Thumbalina. Sea, I respect you!
We saw some Sea Turtles, a pair of Sting Rays and I spotted some dolphins. One day I will fulfill my dream to swim with these beautiful creatures.
Let me not forget the Nude bathers. A couple somehow found their way on to a deserted beach and either were unaware that they could be seen by the walkers exploring the look-outs from the pathway above or simply didn't care. I didn't see it this part myself but apparently at one point they were getting rather rambunctious - to put it politely! Good for them I say!

So all in all it has been a week filled with humbling excursions.

1 comment:

  1. don't make me tell you again ninny; it's straddy, not stradbroke island. you really should have picked up the lingo by now...

    ReplyDelete