Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall. All you got to do is call!

So I'm back again. Watching Fried Green Tomatoes as I write this. Makes me think of old friends and times gone by. I hope when I'm old one day I'm still blessed with the memory I have now. I want to be able to recall the happy times like flicking on a switch. As clear as I can today.

I've been pretty blessed in my life so far in that I've made a few treasured friendships. Some are almost as old as me, some only months old. I get sad sometimes when I think about the friends back in my homeland who I don't get to see or speak to very often. I wish there was a way to keep everyone close. Close to hand not just to the heart. I can't remember who said this first but I'm saying it now - memories are only worth having if you have someone to share them with.
So friends who are reading this, keep close. I've got your secrets safe in my head and I'll remind you of them when you forget.
It is comforting to know that no matter where time takes me I've got a friend there. And right now I've got my very best friend of all sitting right next to me on the couch. Who could ask for more in life?

2 comments:

  1. So true!

    Thoughts and memories can bridge even the biggest gaps...

    ReplyDelete
  2. First of all...LOVE that movie...one of my all time favourites!

    Secondly, could not agree with you more. We have been away from home for two years and I did not realise how much I had missed my friends...we also realised who our very close friends were.

    And hey there is nothing like having found 'your best friend of all'

    ReplyDelete