Saturday, March 28, 2009

Hit me!

Yesterday walking up to catch my bus I got hit full on by a runaway billboard. Yup, it was a particularly windy day and I walked, pushing myself into the wind. Head down. Mistake. When I looked up - BILLBOARD - and nowhere to go. Car on one side, wall on the other. I lifted up my right arm in a feeble attempt to protect I don't know what. WHACK!

Let me explain the Billboard - one of those that small shops use to display the newspaper headlines. So if you were thinking one of those big highway boards - I think I'd be dead. Nope it was a wee one. About the height of an oven.
The worst part of it all is rather sad. Nary a small bruise to show off or get sympathy for. I did get sweet retribution in another form though. A lady stood at the bus stop I was heading towards and she did nothing. No shout to warn me. Not even a concerned question in my direction after I got hit. Nothing. I think I spotted a quickly hidden smile. So we get on the bus and as luck would have it alight from it at the same stop. Me first. Then from behind me I hear an 'Oh dear are you ok?'
I turn. Laughing lady is lying on the floor. She fell off the bus. Karma strikes. She was surrounded by people helping her and didn't appear to have broken any bones so I walked on. Smiling. Fully expecting Karma to hit me with a bigger something.

You know what I keep thinking about though - what was written on that billboard?

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are ok.
    Sometimes the headlines are a bit hard to take, but really....
    I wonder what was written on that billboard?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL....sorry to be laughing.

    Karma always gets them :-)

    ReplyDelete