Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Time to say goodbye...

You've been my closest companion for the last 6 years - give or take. Sometimes the first thing I see in the morning. Sorry about that, I know I'm not at my best in the morning. Somehow you always knew to keep me quiet company. You let me keep in contact with everyone I know. Without you I'd never be able to keep up with Skype, Facebook, e-mail. You've endured my rants when I furiously pounded the keyboard without so much as a wince or a whine. You held my memories close to you and allow me time to sift through them when the need struck me.
You always been the first one I let read my diary, my stories, my letters. You know my soul.
I'm sorry you have gotten so weak. I'm sorry your memory isn't holding anymore. I'm sorry you can't even light up anymore. I'm sorry I've overworked you and given you nothing in return. I hope you are more appreciated wherever you end up. I hope you don't mind that I've decided that your parts should be donated to anyone who might be able to put them to good use. It's almost a comfort to me to know that somewhere out there a part of you might be serving someone else and making them as happy as you made me.

Goodbye my friend. This is the end. I'll miss you. But you were my first and for that you will always have a special place in my memory. You definitely lived up to your name JAC - Jay's Awesome Compaq!
Goodbye Jac - my beloved HP Compaq NX6110.

4 comments:

  1. Ha ha ha.. funny chick!

    btw... I am having a bit of trouble editing my blog.. any idea how to change the pic.. can't seem to find it....

    ReplyDelete
  2. :)
    On your dashboard there should be an options to click on that say view profile, edit profile, edit photo - think they are next to your photo. Well mine is anyway. Does that help?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoops, I was logged in under my other blog account.

    Justin
    http://juztick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete