Saturday, May 16, 2009

Saturday Sessions

Saturday! I love Saturday! I don't like waking up to an alarm though. It's wrong. Saturday I should be woken up by the sun. Whom I kidding? I live in Edinburgh, the sun hates us.
Normally it is a case of waking up and not being alarmed up on a Saturday. Alas we have a house guest this weekend. He had to head off to a Highland gathering to go play drums in a tartan skirt this morning. My I-wannabe-a-chef-and-perfect-host man decided to send him off with a Scottish breakfast - minus the black pudding which we forgot to buy. This meant setting an alarm to make sure he woke up in good time to prepare this feast.
My responsibility set the alarm and kick him out of bed. I did - so some good wife points earned by me. I then snoozed for another half an hour before guilt dragged me by my pounding head out of bed. I've mentioned before I'm not a morning person so imagine my glee at being confronted by 2 cheerful chaps with my red wine head still throbbing angrily. Coffee. 3 cups. More wife points earned by me! My next designated duty - make the toast. Easy peesy japaneesy wife points!
We got the skirted drummer out the door in good time to catch his taxi. I got to clean up the kitchen - mega wife points - while Chef patted his belly and watched Super 14 rugby while chatting to his folks Downunder on Skype.
So a rather succesful Saturday so far in spite of the alarmed awakening. Huge wife points earned. And now I get to chill out for a while before my next set of duties call. The quest for wife points never ends!

2 comments:

  1. It works both ways!!!
    But good on you! You did well....

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, the city you live in is absolutely awesome and beautiful!!!!!! Really enjoyed it there!

    ReplyDelete