Sunday, February 22, 2009

Mommy's Muti

I usually look forward to my Saturday morning. Sleep in a little later. Bruce normally chats to his folks and then one or both of us cooks up a breakfast. Then we just go with the flow. Today. Well, today I'm still sick. My cough-cough-cough-coughing kept Bruce and I awake most of the night. Around 3am I moved to the lounge, sat on the couch and coughed for about 10 minutes continuously. My chest really hurts. Feeling very sorry for myself. Why is it we always want our mother's when we are sick? I do anyway. I want her to put her hand on my forehead to check my temperature. Tuck me in and give me my muti. And then, just have the comfort of knowing she is checking in on me, bringing me flat coke, grated apple and dry toast with marmite. Unfortunately my Mom is all the way back in Benoni so Bruce is doing his best.
We went out and got some anti-biotics this morning. Let the road to recovery begin with the first step. The taking of the pill! Bruce has just brought me a hot toddy so going to drink up and then have a wee nap.

2 comments:

  1. Lindsay has the same thing when she is sick so I know what you are talking about.

    I'm going to follow your blog from now on. I didn't know that you blogged otherwise I would of followed sooner.

    Fringe is soooooo cool. How many episodes are there, do you know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. poor ninny! hope you're feeling better. ps; love the fact i know what muti is!!! popcorn, chewing gum, peanuts and bubble gum, ice cream, candyfloss and Eskimo Pie...!

    ReplyDelete