Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Well it has been a while hasn’t it?

 

I’ve been very preoccupied with the World Cup (VIVA ITALIA) and I’ve taken up a new hobby. Knitting. Yes, you read correctly K-N-I-T-T-I-N-G ! I’m pretty bad at it I must admit though. I’m in the process of knitting a scarf in the colours of the Italian Flag (Red, White and Green). I hope to have it finished in time for Thursday’s game. A scarf I hear you scoff- ‘What could be easier, right?” – WRONG!! The wool is my main enemy – it is this real soft, fluffy stuff. I started off with 20 stitches and somehow ended up with 30- something – it varies constantly. So it is going to be a slightly jagged looking scarf but for my first attempt I think it is quite impressive. The things we do for the love of our country!!

 

Other than knitting I’ve been in hibernation mode. Saving money and it is just too cold to venture out at night anyway. And who needs to go out when there is football on the TV? Not I!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment